The AIR lab has two new papers coming out, both with fantastic collaborators. The first paper is a study of how Black Lives Matter novice in-person protesters manage privacy and security advice. This work will be presented at CHI 2021 and was conducted with collaborators in the SUPERgroup – Maia Boyd, Jamar Sullivan, and Blase Ur. The second paper is a study of how well users understand the difference between native and third party apps on Alexa and will be published in Transactions on Internet Technology. This work is also conducted with another great set of collaborators including David Major (Princeton), Danny Huang (NYU), and Nick Feamster.
- Marshini gave a talk to Imagine All The People On A Trustworthy Internet at Gatech
- CHI 2021 Honorable Mention Award
- Neha and Brennan To Present on Dark Patterns in Social Media at CHI 2021 Workshop
- AIR lab Representing At The CompileHer Hackathon
- Arunesh Mathur Receives SIGCHI Outstanding Dissertation Award